TCC’s Men’s Ministry focuses on our “Ethos” or the characteristics of our Church that help our men connect, grow and be discipled in the Word and the Gospel of Jesus.
We promote this goal by concentrating on four areas:
Study on the Prodigal God: By Tim Keller
Join us as we delve into the parable of the Prodigal Son (Luke 15:11-31). We’ll explore how the unimaginable love and faithfulness of God is lavished upon the “sinner” and “saint.” Monday evenings @ 7pm on zoom. Please contact Pastor Mark (813) 523-2705 for further information.
Character of God
Study of the Book of Exodus – 14 week study
Exodus 34:6-7 are the most quoted verses by biblical authors, quoted and adapted more than any other verses in the Bible. In this series we walk through these verses looking at the key vocabulary and ask what it means for God to describe himself as “compassionate and gracious, slow to anger, overflowing with loyal love and faithfulness? Class meets on Monday evenings at 6:00 p.m. via Zoom
Click here for more information the this study. https://bibleproject.com/podcast/series/character-of-god
Please contact Trey Brock at firstname.lastname@example.org for further information.
The Great Divorce
Reading/discussing C.S. Lewis’ The Great Divorce. You can order this book and a great study guide that presents questions we will go over during these eight sessions. Links to Amazon are included below but you can find these through other sources.
1. C.S. Lewis – The Great Divorce
* Amazon link: https://www.amazon.com/Great-Divorce-C-S-Lewis/dp/0060652950/ref=sr_1_1?dchild=1&keywords=C.S.+Lewis+%E2%80%93+The+Great+Divorce&qid=1610845063&sr=8-1
2. The Great Divorce Study Guide: A Bible Study on the C.S. Lewis Book The Great Divorce (CS Lewis Study Series) Paperback – May 1, 2017 by Alan Vermilye (Author)
* Amazon link: https://www.amazon.com/Great-Divorce-Bible-Study-Lewis-ebook/dp/B072BFMW16/ref=sr_1_2_sspa?dchild=1&keywords=C.S.+Lewis+%E2%80%93+The+Great+Divorce&qid=1610845179&sr=8-2-spons&psc=1&spLa=ZW5jcnlwdGVkUXVhbGlmaWVyPUEyTEwzMkVWMEhYTzk2JmVuY3J5cHRlZElkPUEwNjM2MzA1M1Q1N1VCVUdCOEFPNyZlbmNyeXB0ZWRBZElkPUEwMTMyMjg5U0gxTUQ5UE0xN0tVJndpZGdldE5hbWU9c3BfYXRmJmFjdGlvbj1jbGlja1JlZGlyZWN0JmRvTm90TG9nQ2xpY2s9dHJ1ZQ==
Schedule: We will meet on the 2nd and 4th Wednesdays of the month starting January 27th. Using the study guide questions, we will follow the following schedule:
* Session 1 – January 27th – Introduction & Preface of the book
* Session 2 – February 10th – Chapters 1 & 2
* Session 3 – February 24th – Chapters 3 & 4
* Session 4 – March 10th – Chapters 5 & 6
* Session 5 – March 24th – Chapters 7 & 8
* Session 6 – April 14th – Chapters 9
* Session 7 – April 28th – Chapters 10 & 11
* Session 8 – May 12th – – Chapters 12, 13 & 14
Please contact David Parsley at email@example.com for more information or to join this group.
We ask our men to be readers (or listeners if audio books are your thing). Books by C.S.Lewis, Tim Keller, Francis Schaeffer, and others that are relevant and versed in specific themes the elders and pastors believe are well written and helpful for edification.We will post a new book each quarter that our men’s ministry will focus on.
We will provide a way for men to connect with service opportunities in the Church. Whether it’s a service team, a special project for one of our members, moving towards becoming a deacon or helping someone in our community, we grow closer through our shared acts of service.
We will schedule larger meetings where we gather and have fun, worship, get pumped up or whatever is needed. This could be a retreat, a golf tournament or an all-call with a special speaker or band.
By pursuing balance in these four areas, we are underscoring the reality that while everyone is at a different place in life, we as men need each other and are called to make a difference in each other’s life.